Friday, December 04, 2009

I'll Be Home For Christmas (Lord Willing)

Nothing quite like a fresh cup of Joe!

It's about that time now. I am packing my bags and in a few days I will board a plane that will launch an arduous thirty hour journey back to my family.

It's been an amazing trip. Recounting all the times I experienced great measures of God's grace, warm fellowship and one-anotherness stirs my heart.

Where to start?

The joyful, loving children? The enormous ministry? The precious quiet times in the Word with the Lord? The heart warming fellowship? The ethereal sight of a full moon brightly shining through the palm fronds?

A lot has changed:
  • New friendships, new believers, more baptisms.
  • Started blogging.
  • Our Christian Chief Minister passed in a tragic helicopter crash.
  • Made and uploaded several new videos.
  • Attended about 60 birthday's and various functions
  • By God's grace brought 34 kids to new levels of academic success
  • Spoke almost every Sunday night consecutively for about six months.
  • Just a little less than a month away from completely reading through both the Scriptures and the Institutes during this year.
  • Learned how to sketch portraits.
  • Learned a little more guitar.
  • Discovered the greatest noodles on earth, Indian Masala egg noodles w/onions.
  • Discovered that I enjoy listening to Miles Davis.
Along with Paul, I have to say, that whatever I count gain in this trip, and in life, I must count loss in comparison to the value of knowing Christ. Whatever I have done for Christ, is a greater work than I am worthy of.

Please pray for my return trip. Boarding starts Monday morning.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Josh

5 comments:

WhiteStone said...

We'll be glad to see you!

jim said...

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and looking forward to some famous brisket and good fellowship!
May God richly bless you and leave behind a sweet fragrance of your presence in India.

Laurie M. said...

May the Lord bless you with safe travel, and ongoing opportunities for ministry. I hope you'll continue blogging.

Unknown said...

Josh, have a great trip home we will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Whats up dude

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)