Thursday, October 08, 2009

A Dedicated Servant of The Lord

Shalem


Today I figured I would share a little about Shalem, one of the guys I am working with.

Shalem's role in the ministry is to administrate the children's wing. That means taking time to train and maintain staff, direct and care for the spiritual lives of the children corporately and individually, visit and administrate the five children homes, and ensure the essential needs of the children are provided.

Additionally he travels about the state and country conducting children's camps and participating in training seminars for others who are also working in children ministry.

It's a very demanding position, but he makes personal time every day to spend with the Lord. He is very serious about it.

Sometime soon I am hoping to interview him. Keep your eyes open!

Josh

Conducting a children's camp

4 comments:

Scott said...

Through your eyes and testimony, I am able to both pray for and love as a brother Shalem. Thanks for introducing him to us.

RACHEL said...

The drawing of shalem is a very good likeness! I met him three years ago and I still guessed it was him before reading his name at the bottom of the picture. I can't wait for you to post an interview with him.

Anna said...

That looks just like Shalem from all the pictures and videos I've seen.
I never knew you could draw.

jim said...

Nice sketch. At first I thought maybe it was a self portrait of you having a bad hair day! (:)

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)