Monday, February 01, 2010

First Week of Greek

Good times in Greek Class



Okay, here's the low-down on Saturdays' Greek class:

We gathered at the kitchen table around seven-thirty am, prayed, covered chapter one of Machen's New Testament Greek For Beginners, and got a slight head start on verbs in chapter 3. Great discussion, as well as helpful q&a.

I am hoping to get the audio of the session on-line. If anyone has an idea of how to upload 2+ hours of mp3 to the web and link to it for free please let me know. Gcast is no longer allowing uploads, and it will be missed.

Homework for the next Greek class gathering is as follows,

For Session 2:

1. Write at least two rows of each letter
2. Learn the Alphabet in order and be able to say the sounds.
3. Be able to say all the sounds.
4. Learn vocabulary on page 20 very, very well.

1 comment:

Scott said...

It was a great morning. And although I'm reading Greek as often as I possibly can - even discussing the various pronunciation methods, the problems with syllabification, modes of writing letters - I found yet refreshing. I was surprised.

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)