Monday, September 14, 2009

Indian Children Artwork

"I have set before you life and death" Deu 30:19


On Saturday afternoon we held a type of art day for the Children's Home kids. About one hundred and sixty children drew scenes featuring Christian based themes and Indian landscapes.

It was a lot of fun watching the children diligently creating their drawings. Some of the smaller children created some surprisingly creative scenes.

I made this short video to commemorate the occasion. I guarantee it will be worth your time to watch it: (Also, more pictures below)



Mostly Original Artwork:


Using Portrait From School Book For Reference (8th Grade)


Indian Village Scene


Local Mountains, Sky, Birds, Trees and Housing Style


Local Fruit Tree and Bird (6th Grade Student)


It was a great afternoon. The children really put a lot of effort into their drawings. The took special care with every pen, marker, and pencil stroke. We will have to do it again.

3 comments:

scott said...

Loved this post. Loved the pictures and really really enjoyed watching the children as they created their beautiful works of art. Each picture special. Each picture reminding me to "Pray for India."

My only regret is there is not more pictures posted of each child's work.

thanks again.

Unknown said...

Hey Josh! It's Jayne Fullbright, and I wanted to run something by you. Can you possibly send me an email me at my Liberty account at jafullbright@liberty.edu! I would greatly appreciate it.

Laurie M. said...

Beautiful children. Beautiful art. Thanks for sharing it.

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)