Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Real Hard Day's Work

Breaking The Concrete Ditch


A few days ago, I saw some city workmen and a city work woman breaking up a drainage ditch near the ministry. So, as usual, I grabbed my camera and captured it.

It's really amazing to see that without the aid of a jackhammer, or gloves, two men and a woman broke up the whole ditch in a single afternoon's work. And even more so since it was pouring rain.

(UPDATE: I think the idea here was to replace the above ground sewage ditch with one that would run down the street below the surface of the road. And since the men were wearing construction hats (off and on), I have to assume the city government is responsible for the work.)


1 comment:

Scott said...

Very hard work. Why? Was it to replace it with a newer ditch or something else? Do you think the homeowners hired this work done or is this a city-government type project? Very hard work.

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)