Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Ballad of Tyler Bell




Today I feel compelled to post a little something about my good friend Tyler Bell. He has been faithfully serving the Lord in Ponca, Nebraska as a full time worship leader since June this year. It was six years ago now that as we were jogging together on one of those breezy summer evenings he relayed to me that famous statement,

"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in Him."

and also

"The chief end of man is to glorify God by enjoying him forever."

That was a radical concept to me at the time. Although I was familiar enough with the Westminster catechism to know that the chief end of man was "to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever", this "new" idea of glorifying God by enjoying Him took some time to understand. As I recall, I think I spent several months wrestling over it before I started to see the truth in it by God's grace.

The Westminster Standards


So I thank God for that timely introduction to a great truth, and for the wonderful fellowship I have with Tyler, and for the continuing work of God in his life. By the grace of God that little conversation six years ago ultimately made a considerable impact on my soul.

Tyler and Joana will be getting married in a few weeks


Wrapping It Up

Here is a clip where Tyler plays one of his favorite Phill Wickham songs by the light of a campfire along the Missouri river several miles up North from the Ponca landing. Sounds pretty good huh!

No comments:

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)