Friday, July 17, 2009

Reflections on the First Week

This is my new friend Fluffy, or was it Scruffy?

From Blog External Photos


Well this is amazing. My first week in India has passed and it seemed to last for only a moment. Here are the highlights;

1.) Great reunion with the family, staff and children.

2.) Very much needed time to reflect on my life and lessons learned this year, and especially time to spend in unhurried communion with God.

3.) I'm back in action on the front lines.

4.) Lots of feasting (This is serious business now, we had three back to back functions this week, so lots of good food)

5.) Met this year's DTC class and got to know some of them a little bit.

6.) Simply fantastic fellowship with some brothers from Nagaland.

7.) This blog! By God's grace I found time and motive to blog a little bit in the morning before I start the day. That's pretty cool.

8.) Yesterday was Isaac Watt's birthday. It's still 'today' for all of you living in the past on the other side of the world. He is the father of English Hymnody. God used him at great pain to his own life to move the Church in England away from solely reciting the psalms in their worship services.

Check out this excellent mini-documentary of his life if you haven't seen it yet.



Thank you for your prayers, please be encouraged to keep them up.



Soli Deo Gloria

Josh

Reform your life and doctrine, meet with God in the text

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, Gr8 work. keep focused. God Bless. Obed in here.

Josh said...

Thanks Obed, I appreciate it. I am looking forward to putting your interview here soon.

Josh

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)