Monday, August 10, 2009

Reflections On The First Month

A Happy Indian Villager


Well it has happened - the first month is over. It went by quickly, and now it is time to reflect on some of the Providences of God at work during this period.

Ministry:

God has blessed every day with much joy in Him, it has been fruitful. Fellowship with brothers in Christ has been excellent. One of the fruits has been this Blog. It has been a joy that I look forward to every day. I pray this grace continues and improves.

The interview series has been a challenge and a joy at the same time. I have some new ideas that I am planning to implement in the future interviews. I have at least three more scheduled at this point. Lord willing I will be able to take them and get them online this month.

Study:

I have been blessed to eat richly from the word and observe the transforming work of God on me. That has been wonderful.

While I have certain books I am studying, I am pursuing a special study of the Gospel and the effects and implications of the Gospel on the Christian life. I am hoping to write about some of this in the posts to come.

Culture:

Since I arrived I have been living on a diet consisting mostly of fried vegetable curries with a weekly meal of chicken curry.

As it turned out I experienced a few ugly encounters with rogue goats - you might be able to tell that I am not particularly fond of them - I think they despise me. However, one thing is certain, I do enjoy eating them. Curried goat on rice, mmm, tasty.

Got Goat?


Weather:


It has been raining sporadically. The weather has been warmer than usual for this time of year. It was only a few years ago this time there was so much rain that the streets were flooded.

The monsoons have a cooling effect that brings the temperature down into the 80s and 70s. But if the sun comes out the day after a hard rain the temperature skyrockets and the humidity reaches an insane level.

As I write this post it is 9:45am and the temperature is already 84 degrees even though the sky is overcast.

Lots of rushing water in front of the home base

Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate your support, it has been good, and I encourage you to continue to pray for the ministry and for me also.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Josh


Reform your life and doctrine, meet with God in the text

2 comments:

Laurie M. said...

Is this the first month of your blog you are speaking of, or your first month in India?

Josh said...

Laurie,

That is a good question. This post marks my first month back in India this trip. Basically I wrote it as an update to keep everyone informed on how things are going.

Thanks for pointing that out, I should have been a little more clear.

Grace and Pace,

Joshua

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)