Thursday, November 05, 2009

One of The Worst "Gospels"





The video is thoughtful, fair and well made. It takes you inside Africa to see firsthand what's going on with our exported 'gospel' experiment.

I am afraid this so called gospel makes my stomach sick almost every time I see or hear it preached.

Moving from good news to good advice and calling it gospel is not only an abominable heresy, it's wickedly cruel. I am thankful that God is not and cannot be foiled by wolves, He is actively rescuing his sheep from their hands.

My prayer is that by His grace more believers will see the diversion for what it is and instead discover Christ is their true treasure in the midst of every kind of poverty. In Christ all can find peace and joy in seemingly impossible situations. Let the rich of us say we are poor without Him, and poorest rejoice because they have gained the pearl of greatest price, in this life and the life to come.

[HT: Challies]
[Vitamin Z]

1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

This breaks my heart. I wished I could talk to those poor women at the end. I was deceived by that movement for several years. The disillusionment drove me from the true gospel for a long time. My own mother has still not recovered from her disappointments and frauds at the hands of such people.

CHRIST is the treasure. No other treasure matters.

Come, rejoice with me in the glorious truth that death died in the death of Jesus Christ! Everyone is now welcome to come and freely take the water of life. (Rev 22:17)